It was once said that home is where the heart can laugh without shyness and where the heart's tears can dry at their own pace. I hope this space will be a place you find yourself at home. I hope you will find safety, comfort and joy on these pages. You are seen and you are loved dear friend. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Best of Sabbatical Road Trip Pics Part 4

 This is a mix of photos taken on my iphone during my road trip. Many are taken while actually on the road, one of the benefits of traveling with very little agenda is that I was able to stop and take photos and take in the moment whenever I saw anything beautiful, which happened often :) Others are taken on long walks, always with a friend who sometimes was visible. 
 Glass Beach
 My cousin's daughter Bella making her lunch for school the next day (she's six :)) 

 These trees were right outside my window! 
 My sweet cousin and her little girls! They are home from the hospital now! 
 Pit stop!
 On a bridge in Folsom



"Perhaps one does not want to be loved so much as to be understood" George Orwell

 Labrinth Prayer at the Jesuit Retreat Center


 Fort Bragg Beaches are breathtaking...






 My sweet friends came to Fort Bragg to see me! 

 Chico Sunset
 Chico Trees
 An attempt at an artsy tattoo selfie. Yea baby!



"I always pray as if this one thing is true: God is for us. And it's worthwhile to keep knocking. That's all I know about faith for sure." Sarah Bessey
A red umbrella makes any picture and day better :) 

 The tides are in our veins~ Robinson Jeffers
This tiny beach in the  middle of a construction zone was supercalifragi...(you get the point)
 Clear Lake, on my way to Chico
This one makes me think about the vastness and the beauty of the unknown that is before us, all we can do is keep walking...and trust (or freak out, let's be honest, that's beautiful but also terrifying!). 



Reflections are favorites!
 Upper Park, Chico








There will be more to come in future posts I'm sure! Thanks for stopping by, feel free to say "hi" or bring me a pie (well, cookies, I really prefer cookies) :) 

2 comments:

Jon Ryan and Christy said...

Looks like an amazing trip and filled with so much beauty.

Elizabeth said...

This trip looks amazing. Where is Glass Beach?!