It was once said that home is where the heart can laugh without shyness and where the heart's tears can dry at their own pace. I hope this space will be a place you find yourself at home. I hope you will find safety, comfort and joy on these pages. You are seen and you are loved dear friend. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Resolutions

I know...I'm a little late on this one.

14 Resolutions for 2014
1) Don't eat chocolate! Unless..it's in my protein bars (because let's face it, that's all I eat.) OR someone makes me baked goods with chocolate in them (then I'll just eat one and give the rest away when that wonderful person is gone)
2) Be grateful
3) Wait on the lord with joy and expectation (rather than with complaining like I usually do)
4) Don't get on an airplane... this one might be tough but I think it would be glorious!
5) Be brave! Say what you want to say!
6) Make new friends
7) Slow down, in every aspect of life, I need to slow down.
8) Learn how to use that super fancy camera I saved for months to buy...
9) Decorate my room
10) Drink more water (I don't know, I'm running out of ideas here...)
11) Remember. Remember God's faithfulness. Remember God's word. Remember His love for me. Remember lessons I've learned so I don't have to learn them again. Remember names and faces.
12) Take in the seemingly insignificant moments, the beauty of everyday life, the joy of just being.
13) Be kind, even when I don't feel like it, even when people don't deserve it...because I have been given everything in Christ, may I learn to be kind and gracious to others.
14) Last but certainly not least, may each breathe and step I take be for Jesus and when I willingly go my own way may I respond to His gentle correction and follow the path of my Savior. He is always good and always faithful, may my life reflect my belief in those words.

"For since the beginning of the world we have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides you, who acts for the one who waits for Him." Isaiah 64:4

1 comment:

Stephanie Gaddis said...

Jencecil, NO CHOCOLATE????? Number one resolution? ......and no airplanes? Well then, gas up that car;).